University Parking

Sunday morning my 13 year old daughter woke up coughing. By 6pm that night she threw up the spaghetti she had eaten. 2am she was in my room asking me to come with her downstairs. She was hungry, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I did some writing, then cleaned up; put up the dishes, folded clothes, swept, and etc. 6am I got back in the bed and fell asleep. 7am  my husband asked me was I going to school. I jumped up, got in the shower, got dressed, and prayed with my family. 8:40 I went to Dunkin Donut to get my morning energy fix- medium ice coffee, light with no sugar. I went inside, because the drive thru was packed. Only one other car was parking at the same time in the parking lot; and they pulled up right next to me. I jumped out my car trying not to act like I was trying to beat the old man in the store. Inwardly I was coaching my short legs to take bigs steps, to be the first inside the store.  I beat the old man, and on the inside of myself I screamed, Yes!

9:06  I was through the first toll plaza. My first two classes(9:30am and 11am) were cancel, and I figured I would go to school early, to get some work done. I had plenty of time, because my last class didn't start until 2pm. Traffic, and accidents turned the fifty minute ride, into and hour an a half ride. 10:38am I arrived at Kean University. I thought within myself- I still have plenty of time to get work done. 12:19pm I WAS STILL LOOKING for a PARKING SPOT! That is ridiculous!

 I LOVE Kean University, but something needs to be done about the parking. The parking lot wars alone will drive anyone crazy. I've heard that students fist fought over parking spots. After a rough night- I don't need the stress, of searching for a parking spot. Why are students fighting over parking spots? Let's fight for something to be done about this parking lot mess. No more tickets, or high tuition; we need better parking-NOW!

Sign the petition...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts